So your favourite author or public figure agreed to be a guest on your podcast. Or, you’re at a house party or networking event. You ask the regular go-to question: What is your Name (who are you)? Where are you from? And What do you do?
And then all of a sudden, crickets! An awkward calm ensues or silence creeps in. AH!
One thing I continue to learn as a podcaster who engages in many random conversations. You must learn to master the art of small talk. Especially when you invite a guest to your show. One thing you learn, however, is that not everyone has mastered the art of conversation. What do you do when your guest answers your question with one word or worst with a yes or no.
The same applies when you attend a business meeting or event. These sets of questions will help you take your conversation game to the next level. To stand out as a host and a conversationalist for your next gathering.
Random #: 621
1) What’s your (full) name? How tall are you?
2) What’s the most ridiculous fact you know?
3) What’s your Birthday?
4) What star sign does that make it?
5) What’s your favourite colour?
6) What’s your lucky number?
7) Do you have any pets?
8) Where are you from?
9) What kind of cult would you like to start?
10) What do you think our life will look like in 10 years?
11) What shoe size are you? And, how many pairs of shoes do you own?
12) If you were president/prime minister/ruler of the world what laws would you make?
13) If you were a superhero what powers would you have?
14) and what would your hero name be?
15) and what outfit would you wear?
16) What was your last dream about?
17) What would you do if you won the lottery?
18) Would you like to build/design your own house?
19) Which form of public transport do you prefer?
20) What talents do you have?
21) Can you juggle?
22) Can you solve a Rubix cube?
23) Do you have a cherished childhood teddy bear?
24) Are you psychic in any way?
25) Are you a good dancer?
26) Are you a good singer?
27) Are you a good cook?
28) Are you a good artist?
29) Are you a good listener?
30) Are you a good public speaker?
31) Are you a good babysitter?
32) Are you a good mechanic?
33) Are you a good diplomat?
34) Are you a good employee?
35) Are you a good dresser?
36) Are you a good swimmer?
37) Are you a good skier?
38) Are you a good lover?
39) Are you a good musician?
40) Are you a good comedian?
41) Are you a good cleaner?
42) Are you a good actor?
43) Are you a good writer?
44) Have you ever been bungee jumping?
45) Have you ever been canoeing/kayaking?
46) What types of holidays do you prefer?
47) What’s the furthest you’ve ever been on holiday?
48) What was your favourite holiday?
49) Where would your dream holiday be?
50) Can you tap dance?
51) What’s your favourite zoo animal?
52) What’s your favourite sport?
53) What’s your favourite food?
54) What’s your favourite pizza topping?
55) What’s your favourite film?
56) What’s your favourite song?
57) What’s your favourite alcoholic drink?
58) What’s your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
59) What’s your favourite TV program?
60) What’s your favourite boyband?
61) What’s your favourite girl group?
62) What would be your ideal partner?
63) Do you want children?
64) Do you want a church wedding?
65) Are you religious?
66) Do you like reality TV programs?
67) Do you like TV talent shows?
68) If you were gay who would your life partner be?
69) If you could go back in time to change one thing what would it be?
70) How many hats do you own?
71) Are you any good at pool?
72) What’s the highest you’ve ever jumped into the water from?
73) Have you ever been admitted to hospital?
74) Have you ever had any brushes with the law?
75) Have you ever been on TV?
76) Have you ever met any celebrities?
77) Have you ever been to Legoland?
78) Have you ever done something heroic?
79) Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone?
80) Have you ever been the recipient of a practical joke?
81) What would be your best achievement to date?
82) Do you prefer baths or showers?
83) Do you prefer towel drying, blow drying or natural drying your hair?
84) Have you ever built a snowman?
85) Have you ever been sledding?
86) Have you ever flown a kite?
87) What colour socks are you wearing?
88) If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
89) Have you ever been famous?
90) Would you like to be a big celebrity?
91) Would you ever go on Big Brother?
92) How big is your TV?
93) What is your most essential appliance?
94) What type of music do you like?
95) Have you ever been skinny-dipping?
96) How many Pillows do you sleep with?
97) What position do you often sleep in?
98) What do you wear to bed?
99) How big is your house?
100) Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?